LATE BRAKING NEWS

Late Braking News

Action being taken today by the Australian Writers of Comedy Wackiness And Risible Drivel (AWCWARD)  against former foreign minister Bob Carr after he boasted of extensive self-parody in his recent book "I Want My Muesli Now". Writers claim that parody is their business, and that Bob Carr should stick to what he's good at - embarrassing Australia overseas.

The comedy writers intend to extend the legal fight, setting in motion a class action against all Australian politicians, with particular reference to the NSW Liberal party, and seeking specific damages from former Premier Barry O'Farrell, Senator Arthur Sinodinos, and PM Mr Tony Abbott.

"They're doing us out of a job", said Jeff Browett,  AWCWARD Victorian Branch Assistant Treasurer, who went on to explain: "It's basically a demarcation dispute. We're suing them for restraint of trade, practising comedy without a license, and some other legal and grown-up sounding things. Look at the facts : here's Barry at ICAC saying he doesn't remember being given a $3000 bottle of wine, next day someone turns up with a handwritten thank you note from Barry. He describes this 'a massive memory fail'. Brilliant stuff. Hilarious. He then resigns and Tony Abbot describes this is "an act of integrity unparalleled in the history of Australian politics". I nearly pissed myself. This is comedy, there's no getting away from it, and as such should be written by dues-paying members of our guild. We've got a living to make, and it's hard enough at the best of times. I've got a number of children, can't remember any of their names right at the moment, but they're all in very expensive rehab facilities and I've got bills to pay."

"It's got to stop", said Mr Browett; "Bloody Bob Carr writes several hundred pages of risible drivel, including the killer joke about complaining to Lufthansa about the lack of subtitles on an opera on the inflight entertainment, a bloody OPERA and not even an associate member due paid to our guild. Bloody outrageous. If this sort of bullshit keeps up I'll be getting into politics myself. And I tell you what mate, I'll forget anything you want forgotten. However you need to know that I don't drink, so if some grateful business associates delivers three thousand bottles of home-brand mineral water to my place, there's a fighting chance I'll notice."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

HOW TO NOT SHOOT TAYLOR SWIFT

LEST WE FORGET © ANZAC 2019 ™ ®

HOW TO GIVE UP SMOKING