DON'T KNOW, DON'T RECALL

Senator Arthur Sinodinos at Corruption Hearings


Q: Are you Senator Arthur Sinodinos ?

Oh I say, steady on. There's no need for that sort of language

Q: Are you Senator Arthur Sinodinos, Assistant Treasurer in the Abbott government ?

 I don't know. I don't recall 

Q: It's a simple question Senator. Please answer.

And that's another thing. I agreed to come along here out of the goodness of my heart ...

Q: You were subpoenaed

That too. But apart from that, I'm here out of the goodness of my heart to help sort things out. I didn't expect some sort of inquisition.

Q: This is a corruption inquiry. Questions will be asked. That's pretty much how this how thing works.

Yeah all right, but youse have got to stop picking on me

Q: No-one's picking on you Senator. We're simply asking questions. If we could return to the period of time you were chairman of Australian Water Holdings ...

I protest. that's an outrageous suggestion. I would never have anything to do with torture......

Q: I said Australian Water Holdings Senator. Not Water-boarding.

.....  I mean I suppose if it were judged to be vital to the national interest, you know something like keeping the Greens from holding the balance of power in the Senate, then there might just be some justification, but on balance .. no no .. I just couldn't

Q: SENATOR NO-ONE IS TALKING ABOUT TORTURING .. I'm sorry. Senator no-one is talking about torturing even if it means keeping the Senate out of the hands of those pesky Greens. We're talking about a company of which you were the chairman between 2008 and 2011.

Was I ? I'm a bit fuzzy on details but it sounds like something I'd do. Was I good ? I think I'd have been good. Ask John Howard, he's a mate of mine. He thinks I'm good.

Q: Shut up. Can we move on to Eddie Obeid

Oooh oooh. Don't tell me. I know this one. He's that singer, isn't he ? He was on "Australia's Got Talent". No. no. Hang on. He's a wrestler isn't he ? Eddie "The Octopus" Obeid ? Is that it ? ... No. No. I've got it. He's the one who came in second on "The Biggest Loser". He was robbed.

Q: Senator Dinodinos he was the CEO of the Australian Water Holdings while you were the Chairman of the board

Get away. Really ? Bugger me. The things that slip your mind

Q: Now about this money. The illegal donation

The 220,000 in mixed bills in a parcel wrapped in brown paper with faint grey stripes left on my desk in the office just behind the pot-plant with the purplish leaves ?

Q: Yes

 I have no idea. I don't know. I can't recall.

Q: Is there anything, anything at all, about any of the past five or six years that hasn't slipped your memory ?

I know nothing. Nothing at all. Go on, ask me about last Tuesday

Q: (SIGHS) Do you remember last Tuesday ?

I'll need more

Q: Day of the week. Comes after Monday. Just before Wednesday.

Maybe if you could describe it.













Comments

Popular posts from this blog

HOW TO NOT SHOOT TAYLOR SWIFT

LEST WE FORGET © ANZAC 2019 ™ ®

HOW TO GIVE UP SMOKING