Double Scottish, No Ice




Call me Macgregor.


Mmm, that sounds good. Kind of punchy. I might just carry on and write a book. Find me a bloody enormous fish immediately. But no, seriously, I am diverted from my true purpose. I am here to claim my Scottish heritage. To embrace my inner Scot.

Yes my friends (except the f***ing English) I really am he who is called MacGregor. Why am I talking like this ? I have no idea . Perhaps it's the poetry innate in the soul of every true Celt, perhaps it is that this heart of mine truly belongs in the Higlands, perhaps it is this whisky. But friends (except the f***ing English) I may not look like the stuff of the Higlands. Or even the Highlands. But I am Scottish where it counts, on the inside. Yes, my heart is wearing a kilt, and there's a dirk stuck somewhere in my esophagus, which may account for that stabbing pain I occasionally experience. And 'tis now I must share my song with you.

I wrote this song while suffering from exposure high high in the Higlands one summer day many years ago. It is written to my sweetheart ...

'Oh Me Darling I will always be Incomprehensible'

Oh darling I will build my ship & something something

I'll sail away, come back some day & something something

But you'll always be to me incomprehensible incomprehensible

Oh yes I'll always incomprehensible incomprehensible

Incomprehensible

Incomprehensible

& We'll go up to the Higlands

With incomprehensible in our incomprehensible

And there my darling I'll incomprehensible

Because it's incomprehensible that incomprehensible the incomprehensible

Incomprehensible !!   (Repeat x 3 & Fade)


It's a simple traditional folk tune. It's the lyrics that really make it I think

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

HOW TO NOT SHOOT TAYLOR SWIFT

LEST WE FORGET © ANZAC 2019 ™ ®

HOW TO GIVE UP SMOKING