Ampersand

Ah, there you are. Sorry I had to pop out for a moment, but we were running low on pickled antelope forelocks. Now about this blog, currently known as ALIAS POOR YORICK. 

Someone told me we should have an editorial policy. I've checked with accounting and they tell me we can  afford an espresso machine, or an editorial policy, but not both. Here's your coffee.

SEVERAL REJECTED NAMES FOR THIS BLOG:

*  The Secret Diary of Jeff Browett aged 56 1/2

*  Does My Ego Look Big in This ?

*  Vlad the Inhaler

*  Vic Plato and the Teenage Jesus Impersonators

*   The Hipster-Douche Gazette


But of course while unable to afford an editorial policy we've been able to cobble together an editorial stance. Or possibly an editorial attitude. Or a platform. And two of the central planks of this platform are:

Started with nothing, and I've still got most of it left

&

It's a dog-eat-dog world out there, and there's never enough dog to go around (  & no, I have no idea what it means but I would like to wish that joke a happy thirtieth birthday)

We think the key thought regarding this blog might be 'sporadic'. And we promise to stop referring to ourselves in the plural when there's clearly only me here. We're sorry about this ridiculous affectation.

Actually what I thought I'd do here is pick one Julia Child recipe every day and cook the dish and write a blog about it and then get a book deal and Nora Ephron can make a film about me and I'll never have to go back and work in that horrible call centre again and .... oh shit hang on that's somebody else's life.Where was I ...

And finally, it is inevitable with this sort of small-scale publishing that the  occasional fact or coherent thought may sneak in. We'd like to apologise for that and assure you  of our eternal vigilance in these matters.

So, even more finally, what can you expect from ALIAS ? Apart from reasonably good spelling.

Early critiques are encouraging. ALIAS has been described as Brecht -meets-Monty Python-on-its-way-to-Lewis Carrol's-house-to-party-with-the-Marx Bros. (The gentleman who constructed this description has been advised to rest)


Oh shit is that the time, I have to go.

And a very merry George Gershwin to you all.

Ed

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

HOW TO NOT SHOOT TAYLOR SWIFT

LEST WE FORGET © ANZAC 2019 ™ ®

HOW TO GIVE UP SMOKING